Electric vehicles (EVs) are, over the next few years, going to increase in visibility and availability. Since 2035 signals the phasing out of gas-powered internal combustion engine cars, people will start charging up their cars instead of using gas. It’s worth learning about how to get free EV chargers in California. They may be a big boon, increasing property value, much like commercial solar panels.
What Is An EV Charging Station?
An EV charging station charges your electric vehicle.
Unlike gas stations, where drivers pull up and put a nozzle into the gas tank, EV chargers vary in power and size. In the past, electric vehicles brought with them ‘range anxiety,’ or anxiety brought about by not having adequate charge available. But electric vehicles aren’t a niche anymore. Electric vehicles and charging stations in California will be the norm before long.
By 2035, the gas stations dotting every corner will likely be replaced by electric vehicle charging stations in Orange County. Electric vehicles bring so much promise to the world of transportation, but the different ways to charge them can be confusing to consumers.
There are different levels of EV chargers. Here’s a quick overview of the different levels.
Level 1 EV Chargers
The basic, level 1 EV charging station provides your electric vehicle with a general, lower-level charge. You can find level 1 EV chargers installed in garages and home settings. These chargers fit into a standard (120V) electrical outlet.
A level 1 EV charger takes time to fully charge a vehicle compared to levels 2 and 3.
It varies, but it often takes over 30 hours to achieve a full charge. How beneficial a level 1 charging station depends on how long a commute is and how long drivers will be in the car.
If daily driving is less than 50 miles, there’s no need to worry about being abandoned on the side of the highway. Simply plug in your electric vehicle, let it charge for a while, and you should be fine.
In short, since you’d be using a wall outlet, you’re not getting as potent a charge. Sure, it’s a change from filling your gas tank and getting on the road again in minutes, but it’s simpler than you may think!
But what benefits does choosing a level 2 charging station have?
Level 2 EV Chargers
The second tier of EV chargers provides 240 volts and gives a much more full charge than level 1 chargers in Orange County.
You can see these chargers out in public and even in residential settings. For those with level 2 charging stations in their home, they wipe away any worries about losing a charge when they need it most. Plus, charging doesn’t take nearly as long, averaging a faster charge of around 6 to 12 hours.
Instead of guaranteeing around 50 miles of charge, level 2 charging stations provide drivers with 10 to 30 miles of range per hour. Range anxiety is nonexistent for those who can afford these useful charging stations in the state.
Level 3 EV Chargers
The most advanced level of EV chargers, level 3 EV chargers, give drivers a big boost. You won’t find these efficient chargers in residential settings.
You’ll most likely see these powerful charging stations at commercial businesses like car dealerships, car washes, office buildings, and even multifamily housing complexes. And it makes perfect sense to install these electric vehicle charging stations in these settings.
Owners of grocery and retail stores can charge customers and the community a fee to get a good charge for their electric vehicles. Plus, car dealers can ensure that their inventory is fully charged at all times.
How To Get Free EV Chargers In California
Thanks to Southern California Edison (SCE), commercial EV charging stations in Orange County have never been easier to get.
Here’s a quick list of EV information to consider when installing free charging stations in Orange County.
- Are you on a commercial SCE account? By having an SCE account, businesses can seamlessly install free chargers on their properties.
- SCE allows Orange County businesses to install at least four charging stations minimum. Orange County businesses need at least four chargers to apply successfully for SCE’s program. While there’s a minimum, any business can apply for hundreds of free EV chargers in California.
- While SCE entirely covers infrastructure and construction costs, the process takes around 6 to 12 months. Install time varies, depending on location, how many EV chargers, and more.
- Make a comprehensive plan for installation to stagger construction on specific locations to prevent losing business. You can map out the particulars with REPOWER Orange, and we’ll take care of all the red tape that would normally hold you up.
- Cost analysis is a great way to see how your business will benefit from free EV chargers in Orange County. How much will this help you save? Go over a detailed cost analysis with a commercial solar company. Make sure you get the most out of your free EV charging stations. Remember, SCE covers everything!
Free EV Chargers In California With Commercial Solar Experts At REPOWER Orange
Along with installing free EV chargers in California, commercial solar energy experts in Orange County at REPOWER Orange. We help businesses save money on utilities with comprehensive solar panels and solar arrays.
We work alongside Southern California Edison and commercial businesses to install charging stations.
Overall, we want to save businesses money on utilities with electric vehicle chargers and commercial solar.
Contact us today for more information about how much you can save with a free EV charging station in Orange County!