You’re finally getting around to that roof replacement. It’s a brand new start for your business. Why not equip a new roof with solar panels? Having your roof replaced is a significant event, and you can now ensure you save money and boost your property value with solar panels.
Opting for commercial solar energy in Orange County provides business owners many benefits.
Let’s see why giving commercial solar a spin is such a sound business plan.
Why Giving Solar A Spin Is A Good Idea: The Basics
There are several good reasons to install solar panels on a new roof. Here are some solar power basics to help illustrate how beneficial solar panels in Orange County can be.
- Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source that can help reduce your carbon footprint and reliance on fossil fuels.
- Orange County solar panels can help you save money on energy bills by reducing your reliance on grid-supplied electricity.
- Commercial solar panels can increase the value of your property, as they are becoming increasingly popular with buyers and are seen as a desirable feature.
- Solar panels can provide a reliable source of electricity during power outages or other emergencies.
- Solar panels can qualify you for government incentives, such as tax credits and rebates, which can help offset the cost of installation.
- Installing solar panels on a new roof can be an excellent opportunity to assess the roof’s condition and make any necessary repairs before solar panel installation. This can help ensure proper solar panel installation in Orange County and can operate at maximum efficiency.
Installing A New Roof Before Solar Panels: Some Tips
If you want to save money on solar panels and your roof, ensure that your roof can handle the solar panels in the first place. It may be beneficial to replace your roof before choosing your ideal solar panel setup.
There are several reasons why it might be a good idea to install a new roof before installing solar panels:
- A roof in poor condition or a roof that has reached the end of its lifespan may not support the weight of solar panels. This could lead to structural damage or even collapse.
- If your roof is not in good condition, it may be challenging to install the solar panels correctly. This could lead to a less efficient system and potentially even damage to the panels.
- On the flip side, if a roof is in good condition, it will be easier to install solar panels, resulting in a more efficient and cost-effective system.
- Installing a new roof before installing solar panels can also be a good opportunity to upgrade to a more durable and energy-efficient roofing material. This can reduce your energy costs and improve the overall performance of your solar system.
Installing a new roof before installing solar panels can ensure your solar energy system’s long-term performance and efficiency.
How Much Does A Solar Roof Cost?
The cost of a solar roof depends on several factors, including the size of the roof, the type of solar panels used, and the complexity of the installation.
Generally, a solar roof can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 or more. But it more than pays for itself over a few years.
Here are some factors that can influence the cost of a solar roof:
Size Of The Roof
The larger the roof, the more solar panels will be needed to generate sufficient electricity, increasing the cost.
Type Of Solar Panels
Several types of solar panels are available, including monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin-film. Monocrystalline panels tend to be the most expensive, while thin-film panels are the least expensive.
Complexity Of The Installation
If your roof is difficult to access or has a complex design, it may be more expensive to install solar panels on it.
The cost of solar panels and installation can vary significantly depending on where you live. In some states, incentives or rebates are available to help offset the cost of solar panel installation.
Quality Of The Solar Panels
Higher-quality solar panels may be more expensive, but they may also be more efficient and have a longer lifespan, saving you money in the long run.
Contact Orange County solar installers to get a more accurate estimate of the cost of a solar roof for your specific situation.
They will be able to take into account the unique characteristics of your roof and give you a more accurate cost estimate.
A great way to ‘experiment’ with solar panels is by trying out solar shingles for your roof. Solar shingles are a type of solar panel that offer several benefits over traditional solar panels.
What Are Solar Shingles, And How Do They Work?
Solar shingles, also known as photovoltaic shingles, are solar panels designed to look like and function as roof shingles. You can use them to generate electricity for your business by capturing energy from the sun and converting it into electricity.
Solar shingles are made of photovoltaic cells, the same type of cells used in traditional solar panels.
These cells are silicon designed to absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity. The electricity is then sent to an inverter, which converts it from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). You can then use that electricity to power your business. Or it can be sent back to the grid if your system is set up for net metering.
Solar shingles are installed on your roof in much the same way as traditional shingles. They are attached to the roof using a series of mounting brackets. The wires from the shingles are connected to the inverter, typically mounted on the side of your home or business.
One of the main benefits of solar shingles is that they are much more aesthetically pleasing than traditional solar panels.
They blend in with your roof, making them less noticeable and more attractive to business owners concerned about appearance.
They’re easier to install than traditional solar panels, too. Which can require a significant amount of roof space and special mounting equipment.
Solar shingles are an effective way to generate electricity from the sun and can help reduce your reliance on fossil fuels and your monthly energy bills.
Equipping Your New Roof With Solar Panels In Orange County
At REPOWER Orange, Orange County solar installers are here to guide you through the exciting world of commercial solar power. With a team of dedicated solar energy experts, REPOWER Orange will meet with you to determine your goals, how to save money on utilities, and more.
The process afterward is simple: we develop a comprehensive install plan using the specifications of your property, and we get to work. And don’t worry; we’ll find all the permits that you need from your local government.
At REPOWER Orange, we believe in helping businesses save money and reduce their carbon footprints. Get in contact with us today to install solar panels and start seeing a massive difference in your bottom line.